Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Buttigieg Says Americans Should Buy Electric Cars So They ‘Never Have To Worry About Gas Prices Again’

Yeah right.  When I can drive across country in the same time as I can drive it with my gas vehicle I might consider an EV.   Only being able to drive for 200 miles and then recharge for 8 hours means a normal day trip turns into a 3 or 4 day trip.  I wonder how the big rigs are going to handle driving only a few hundred miles and then having to recharge.  The lines at the few recharging stations means that most long haul truckers trips will increase by days or even weeks.  Right now EV's are just not viable unless you buy them as grocery getters and never leave your home area.  He says the rural people should go electric but have you ever used a tractor all day.  I just do not see them being a viable alternative for farming.   However the average cost of a new electric vehicle was $55,600 in 2019, nearly $20,000 more than the average price of all new cars. Charging an electric car with a range of 200 miles costs about $9 and typically takes around eight hours.  Moreover, 60% of electricity generated in the U.S. originates from fossil fuel power plants, according to the EIA. Wind and solar account for 10% of the electricity produced nationwide.

And I have heard that you cannot tow an EV so that means if you own an RV and tow your gas vehicle behind it, you will no longer be able to tow a vehicle behind it.  And I wonder about how people are going to tow their huge trailers and boats behind the EV.  Maybe in 30 or 40 years the EV's might get to where they are usable but now, not so much.

Electric Car Forum | Electric Vehicle and Hybrid EV Forums

Welcome to the EV Dollar Electric Car Forum. We have created this forum using the latest tools to ensure a safe, secure, and professional  experience while using our site. The EV forum is divided into several sub-forums for ease of use. In the EV Discussion area, you will find EV News, General EV Questions, Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV), and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV) general discussions. In the EV Builds, Parts, Maintenance & Repairs sub-forum you will find more specific areas of interest: EV Conversion Builds, Technical Questions, Batteries & Charging, EV Motors, Controllers, After Market Parts and Electronics, Repairs & Maintenance, and Tires.

Please read the Rules Of Conduct below and let us create a great EV community together.