Forum Community Rules Of Conduct
Date of Last Revision: June 7, 2020
For your protection please refrain from posting personal information such as email address, phone number, website URLs, IP/MAC address, account numbers, etc. in community threads. This includes data that may inadvertently be shared via attachments or images. This information may be included in your profile details at your own risk.
EV Forum Community Is For:
- Sharing your ideas about EV products.
- Interacting with other members of the EV Community.
- Networking with members of the EV Community.
- Asking and answering questions in the EV Community.
- Learning about EV.
- Contributing your knowledge and experience to the EV Community.
EV Forum Community Is Not For:
- Disparaging the EV Forum, its products, employees, customers, partners, community, or anyone else.
- Posting of content, material, or links that are offensive or inappropriate. This behavior will lead to termination of your account without any notice.
- Sharing materials that belong to someone else.
- “Gaming” of reward points to falsely increase your community reputation. If it is perceived by administrators that your behaviors are intended to “game” the rewards system, your account is subject to termination.
- Sharing of sensitive or confidential materials, including details of Service Requests that can be considered confidential information, including (but not limited to) passwords, logfiles, script output, or other sensitive subject matter.
- Posting job listings or other solicitations, unless expressly allowed (e.g., in a space or group marked “Job Board”)
- Posting the same question in multiple areas, a.k.a. “double posting.” Please select only one area in which to post your question, so that any answers can be easily kept together and found via search. Multiple/duplicate posts may be locked or removed.
- “Hijacking” another user’s thread. Keep open discussions on topic and create a new thread if unrelated questions need to be raised.
EV Forum Community and Personally Identifiable Information (PII):
Personal data, also known as personal information or personally identifiable information (PII) in other parts of the world, is defined as any information relating to an individual that can be directly or indirectly identified, for example by reference to identifiers such as names, identification numbers, location data, online identifiers or to one or more factors specific to the individual’s physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The EV Forum Community takes great steps to protect forum contributors who may inadvertently expose PII data to others during the course of their community engagements. While we strongly believe that the gated EV Forum Community is a safe place to share information and practices, it is always wise to exercise caution when providing personal details in any online forum.